Tamron announced the lightest Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC Lens all-in-one zoom lens for Canon, Nikon, Sony APS-C DSLR cameras. This new Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC lens is the lightest zoom lens in the world. And it retails for only $249, and now you can pre-order this lens at B&H and Adorama. This new Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC Lens will be released on August 20th.
Covering focal lengths from 18 to 200mm, this compact zoom can take great shots in a myriad of situations.
Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC is a lens lens made for capturing everyday life and special occasions with a smile. The 18-200mm VC is the culmination of Tamron’s persistent efforts to perfect the high-power zoom lens category since 1992. This innovative lens is lightweight, high quality and ideal as a beginner’s first interchangeable lens – or a casual user’s only lens.
- 28.8-320mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/40
- One Hybrid Aspherical Element
- One Low Dispersion Element
- DC Motor Gear Train AF Drive Module
- VC Image Stabilization
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
New Tamron 18-200mm zoom is the lightest in the world
High-performance lens features VC image stabilization, improved AF and weighs just 400g (14.1 oz.)
August 6th, 2015, Saitama City, Japan – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Morio Ono), a leading manufacturer of precision optics, today announces the introduction of a new high-performance lens that zooms from 18 to 200mm for APS-C DSLR cameras.
The new 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC (Model B018) is the successor to AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF] MACRO (Model A14), which has been one of Tamron’s best-selling lenses since its introduction 10 years ago. The new 18-200mm VC uses the most modern optical and mechanical design to achieve compactness and high performance.
Incorporating image stabilization, the 18-200mm VC delivers superior image quality and is the lightest zoom in its class. Tamron made full use of its long experience and expertise as a pioneering force in high-power zoom lenses to create an optimal all-in-one™ lens that opens up new photographic possibilities to all DSLR camera users.
* Among 18-200mm interchangeable lenses for APS-C DSLR cameras with O.I.S. (As of June, 2015. Source: Tamron)
Product name: 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC (Model B018） For Canon/ Nikon/ Sony*1
Date of Launch: August 24, 2015
The Canon and Nikon mount models will be first simultaneously launched. The launch date of the Sony mount model will be announced at a later date.
- No need to change lenses—shoot in a wide variety of settings, from true wideangle to telephoto, with a single lensA zoom range of 18 to 200mm (35mm equivalent: 28-310mm) means there is no need to change lenses even when switching from wideangle shots in tight places to long telephoto shots of distant objects. Ideal for everything from large groups photos, family pictures, portraits, scenery, animals and school events—even for close-up shots (less than 0,5m) of food.
- Greater portability at a weight of just 400g—the lightest lens in its classCovers the focal length range of 18 to 200mm and features Tamron’s VC (Vibration Compensation)*2, but weighs a mere 400g. Tamron designed the 18-200mm VC to be as user-friendly as possible by emphasizing portability and convenience. Users will appreciate the incredible balance and comfortable feel of this lens—even when used with the newest APS-C DSLR cameras.
- Features VC and AF, providing valuable support for DSLR camera novicesCamera vibration is magnified in telephoto shots and when a slow shutter speed is used because of dim lighting. Even beginners can take great photos at long distances, at night, and indoors—and avoid camera shake—thanks to Tamron’s acclaimed VC mechanism. By incorporating a newly designed autofocus drive module with optimal DC motor-gear train integration, the 18-200mm VC also focuses much more quickly and quietly than models with conventional DC motors.
- Delivers enhanced imaging performance in a lightweight packageFeaturing 16 elements in 14 groups, the 18-200mm VC uses an LD (Low Dispersion) lens element to minimize chromatic aberrations. Although light and compact with VC, Tamron’s new offering also delivers amazing overall optical performance for an all-purpose lens. A circular, seven-blade aperture diaphragm maintains an almost perfectly round shape even at two stops down from its maximum aperture, providing desirable and beautiful bokeh with point light sources blurring into naturally rounded shapes.
- Works great as an easy-to-use lens for day-to-day useFor added dependability and longer life, Tamron’s new lens features moisture-resistant construction that helps prevent damage caused by accidental exposure to wetness. The lens also comes with a Zoom Lock feature to prevent unwanted barrel extension when users carry their lens and camera body combinations with the lens pointed toward the ground.
*1 The Sony mount version does not include VC because Sony DSLR bodies incorporate built-in image stabilization. The name of the Sony mount model is “18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II” without the VC designation.
*2 VC (Vibration Compensation) is Tamron’s proprietary image stabilization mechanism.
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||APS-C / DX|
|Focal length||18–200 mm|
|Image stabilisation||Yes (Not on Sony A-mount)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF, Nikon F (DX), Sony/Minolta Alpha|
|Maximum aperture||F3.5 – F5.6|
|Minimum aperture||F22.0 – F40.0|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Minimum focus||0.49 m (19.29″)|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||400 g (0.88 lb)|
|Diameter||75 mm (2.95″)|
|Length||97 mm (3.8″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||62.0 mm|
- Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 DI VC USD Full Frame Lens Officially Announced
- Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 DI VC USD Lens Hands-on Preview Video
- Up to $100 Mail-in Rebate on Tamron Lenses
- New Tamron Patent: 85mm f/1.8 VC Lens for Sony Full Frame Mirrorless
- AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II Lens Announced at CES 2015