According to the report from SonyAlphaRumors, the sources that shared the correct information about the newly announced FE 100mm f/2.8 STF GM OSS & FE 85mm f/1.8 lenses also confirmed that the Sony A9 (name is not confirmed yet) high end E-mount mirrorless camera and FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM lens will be announced this year! And the Sony Chinese Photographer QianLi Zhang also confirmed that a new camera with “Very Fast Burst Rate & AF Speed” is coming! In addition, Sony USA already dropped the prices of Sony a7RII and a7SII ($300 off), maybe this is another sign that Sony is planning to announce a new high-end E-mount camera.
The new Sony A9 camera will be placed above the A7-series, and it will be the new flagship FE camera. It is already confirmed by the Sony manager that the Sony A9 high end E-mount mirrorless camera will have dual card slots. So the main competitors of Sony A9 will be Nikon D5 and Canon EOS 1D-X Mark II.
Sony Alpha a9 Rumored Specs:
- 72MP sensor
- Unlimited RAW
- Dual XQD card slots
- Better IBIS and HDR
- “DSLR” alike
- Bigger than Sony A7RII, smaller than Canon 5D Mark III
- Price around $5,000
- Announcement in early 2017
Links to all Sony GM lenses:
Sony FE 100mm f/2.8 STF GM OSS Lens: $1,498 at B&H.
Feel free to join Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice (including E-mount and A-mount), ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Confirmed: Sony A9 High End E-mount Camera Coming with Dual Card Slots
- Sony A9 High End E-mount Camera Rumored to be Announced in Early 2017
- Sony A9 High End E-mount Camera to be Released in the Next Few Months
- No New Sony A-mount Camera (Sony A99II) Coming at PhotoPlus 2015
- Sony “WW158299″ Camera Registered in China, Sony a9 or a7III Coming?