French photography site Focus Numerique recently had a chance to interview Mr. Jeong Min Shin, the head of product planning at Samyang. And Mr. Jeong Min Shin said that Samyang will start making autofocus lenses for Canon and Nikon mounts:
We started the implementation of an autofocus optical FE [lens] and we are adapting to of other mounts, like Canon and Nikon. We also believe in Fujifilm and Micro 4/3, but these markets are not very important.
Samyang already announced two autofocus lenses for Sony FE mount: AF 50mm f/1.4 and AF 14mm f/2.8. According to the interview, Samyang will produce AF lenses for Canon and Nikon mount in the near future.
Stay tuned for more info.
- 5 New Samyang Lenses will be Released in the Next Five Weeks!
- 3 More Samyang / Rokinon XEEN Lenses Coming
- Samyang Premium MF 14mm f/2.4 & 85mm f/1.2 Lenses Announced
- Surprise: Samyang Officially Announced 50mm f/1.4 and 14mm f/2.8 FE AF Lenses
- Samyang Announced 35mm F1.2 and 35mm T1.3 ED AS UMC CS Lenses