The Pentax KP DSLR camera is now officially announced. The US price of Pentax KP body is $1,099 and it will be released on February 24, 2017.
The brand new Pentax KP, an ultra-compact and highly portable DSLR with features and controls that facilitate capturing outstanding images, even in the most demanding conditions. The kp packs many of the advanced capabilities of the award-winning K-3 series into a modern, slim-body design that lends itself to applications from casual snapshots to serious outdoor photography while mountain climbing or trekking.
The Pentax KP also adds a new generation of innovations including a new, highly sensitive APS-C CMOS sensor and is the first APS-C camera to incorporate shake reduction II (SR II), which features a five-axis mechanism to compensate for camera shake up to 5 steps. The new Megapixel CMOS sensor enables shooting in extremely low-light conditions, with sensitivity to ISO 819200, making the camera ideal for night photography. The PENTAX KP features an electronic shutter option in live-view to enable high-speed shooting up to 1/24,000-second, which greatly broadens shooting capabilities when using large aperture lenses to achieve a shallow depth of field on a bright sunny day.
Reminder: Adorama will be giving one lucky customer who pre-orders the new Pentax KP DSLR their camera for free. One Lucky Customer Will Win the New Pentax KP.
- 24.3 effective megapixels
- APS-C AA filter-less CMOS sensor
- PRIME IV engine with accelerator unit
- Super-high sensitivity ISO 819200
- Pixel Shift Resolution System with motion correction function
- AA Filter Simulator: Moir reduction using “SR” unit
- Convenient compact size
- SRII five-axis Shake Reduction System
- Approx. 100% FOV optical viewfinder (0.95x magnification)
- SAFOX11 27-point Autofocus
- 1/6000 high-speed shutter
- 1/24000 electronic shutter
- Tiltable LCD monitor
- Built-in Wi-Fi for use with Image Sync app
- Full HD movie recording
- Intuitive design
- Exchangeable Grip (3 sizes available)
- Smart Function Dial
- Customizable Info Screen control panel, function buttons, user modes and presets
- Dustproof, weather-resistant body
- -10deg.C cold-resistant construction
Note: Join the Pentax Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Pentax photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Pentax KP DSLR Camera Rumored to be Announced at CP+ 2017 in February
- Pentax KP DSLR Camera and D-BG7 Battery Grip to be Announced This Week
- Pentax K-1 Full Frame DSLR Camera now Shipping in the US
- Leaked: Pentax KP DSLR Camera Images & Specifications
- Pentax Full Frame DSLR Camera Rumored to be Announced on October 6th