DxOMark published their sensor review and test results for Olympus PEN-F micro four thirds mirrorless camera. According to the DxOMark test results, the new sensor in Olympus PEN-F camera achieved an overall DxOMark Sensor score of 74 points, making it the best Olympus sensor ever!!! That means the Olympus PEN-F sensor is not only the highest resolution Olympus sensor to date, but also the best Olympus sensor.
Achieving an overall DxOMark Sensor score of 74 points, the PEN-F becomes the top-ranked Olympus sensor in our database. Sitting just ahead of the Olympus OM-D series cameras with 73 points, and its predecessor the E-P5 with 72 points, the PEN-F’s higher-resolution 20.3Mp sensor shows some progress in image quality performance for Olympus digital cameras.
Conclusion from DxOMark:
For the style-conscious, trendy hipsters, or photographers reminiscing about the aesthetics and controls of film cameras, the 1960’s retro styling of the PEN-F will have great appeal. It’s a lovely looking camera; it’s not style over substance, however: packing a new 20.3Mp sensor, 5-stop image stabilization, ART filters for creative in-camera effects, and a 80Mp high-resolution shot mode, there’s plenty under the hood for high-quality digital photography.
Not only the highest resolution Olympus sensor to date, the PEN-F also ranks as the highest scoring Olympus hybrid on our database. Improvements over previous Olympus 16Mp sensors are modest, but greater color depth at higher sensitivities is a positive step that will be welcomed by many photographers.
You can read the full review at DxOMark.
Olympus PEN-F Key Features:
- 20.3MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1.037m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization
- ISO 25600 and 10 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi, 50MP High-Res Shot Mode
- Creative Dial, Color/Monochrome Profiles
- Sony A6300 Sensor Review at DxOMark: Sony’s Best APS-C Sensor
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Sensor Review at DxOMark: Best Canon Sensor Ever!
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DxOMark Review: Best Canon Sensor Ever!
- Sony a7SII Sensor Review at DxOMark: Impressive Low-Light Performance
- Canon EOS 80D Sensor Review at DxOMark: Dynamic Performer