At Photokina 2016 Olympus announced the development of its newest flagship camera: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, which will be designed to deliver incredible speed, superior image resolution and a host of new shooting features to expand the boundaries of photographic expression.
According to the report from 43Rumors, the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II mirrorless camera will be released in early December, 2016, just before Christmas. So, it is highly likely that Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II camera will be available for pre-order before Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2016. The US price of E-M1 Mark II will be around $1,599 – $1,699, a little more expensive than the Olympus E-M1 (launch price $1,399, currently for $1,099).
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Key Features:
- 20.4MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VIII Dual Quad Core Processor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 2.36m-Dot LCD Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- DCI 4K/24p & UHD 4K/30p Video Recording
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- 15 fps Shooting and Expanded ISO 25600
- Dual F.A.S.T. 121-Point Autofocus System
- Weather-Sealed Construction
New Olympus Products:
Note: You can now join the Olympus Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Shipment Rumored to be Delayed to Early 2017
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Rumored to be Announced on September 19, 2016
- Olympus E-M1 Mark II Rumored to be Announced at Photokina 2016
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Coming with Dual SD Card Slot
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Will Support Handheld High Resolution Mode