From their conclusion:
“Testing the Nikkor AF-S 105 mm f/1.4E ED was a real pleasure. It combines interesting parameters, exceedingly sharp optics hidden in a casing of good quality and accurate autofocus. I admit that for me personally the Nikkor was a huge joy to use. If you decide to purchase the lens you won’t regret it – that’s my opinion. Highly recommended! “
- solid, compact and sealed casing,
- interesting, unique parameters,
- sensational image quality in the frame centre,
- very good image quality on the edge of the APS-C/DX sensor,
- good image quality on the edge of full frame,
- negligible lateral chromatic aberration,
- vestigial spherical aberration,
- lack of distortion-related problems,
- imperceptible coma in the corners of the APS-C/DX sensor,
- negligible astigmatism,
- nice out-of-focus areas,
- not especially bothersome vignetting on the APS-C/DX sensor,
- silent and accurate autofocus.
- a bit too high level of longitudinal chromatic aberration,
- performance against bright light could have been better,
- significant vignetting on full frame detector.
You can read the full review at LensTip.com
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens MTF Bench Tests
- New Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens to be Announced Soon!
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens now in Stock!
- Nikon 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens Review (by LensRentals): An Ode to Nikon’s Best Lens
- Nikon AF DC-NIKKOR 105mm f/2D Lens Listed as Discontinued