Sigma has filed a new patent in Japan for the 24-70mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Art lens. This new zoom lens for full frame DSLRs will be a nice addition to the current Sigma Art product line.
Take a look at the patent details below translated by Google.
- Patent: 2016-38502
- Published on: March 22nd, 2016
- Filed on: August 8th, 2014
- Zoom ratio: 2.74
- Focal length: 24.85 50.00 68.00
- F-number: 2.92 2.92 2.93
- Full angle of view: 2ω 83.71 45.71 34.33
- Image height: 21.63 21.63 21.63
- Total lens length: 150.73 167.12 178.30
We already reported that Sigma is actively working on about 12 lenses and at least three new Sigma lenses will be announced in 2016: Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art Lens, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 Art OS Lens and Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport Lens.
The new Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 Art OS Lens is on the way and it will be a completely new optical formula lens.
Read more: Sigma Rumors
Note: If you are a Sigma User (Camera or Lens User), you can now join the Sigma Users Facebook Group to share your Sigma photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Sigma Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SigmaUsers
- New Sigma Patent: Sigma 25mm f/1.2 lens for MFT Cameras
- New Patent: Sigma 120-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens
- New Patent: Sigma 11-22mm f/4.5-5.6 DG HSM FLD Art Lens
- Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Art Lens Rumored to Come Next
- New Patent: Sigma 35mm f/2 DN OS Art Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras