It seems that Nikon will announce a new “baby Nikon D5″ DSLR camera (could be called Nikon D760) in 2017 to update the current FX models. This Nikon D760 camera will have the same sensor as the D5, less rigid and smaller, just like a real D700 replacement.
And according to the report from NikonRumors, there is a possibility that Nikon will announce a new “Nikon D5X” camera (just like the D3X) to compete with the new Fuji GFX 50S medium format mirrorless camera. The US price of Nikon D5X will be around $10,000 USD. Very expensive! None is confirmed anyway so it’s best to take reports with a pinch of salt.
- Fujifilm Medium Format Mirrorless Camera Coming by the end of Summer?
- 50MP Hasselblad Mirrorless Medium Format Camera Coming on June 22
- Sony Medium Format Mirrorless Camera Coming at Photokina 2016, Is it Sony A9?
- Fujifilm Announced Development of GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Fujifilm Medium Format Camera: 50MP Sensor, Available in 2017?