Leica officially announced the new Leica M (Typ 262) digital rangefinder camera. It’s basically an “entry-level” version of the more expensive Leica M-P (Typ 240). The US Price of the Leica M (Typ 262) is $5,195, available for pre-order at B&H. The new Leica M (Typ 262) features a 24-megapixel CMOS full-frame sensor, designed exclusively for rangefinder photography, but excludes video recording and Live View. The 24-megapixel sensor delivers exceptional image quality and extreme sensitivity, and makes the Leica M (Typ 262) the ideal camera for photography in available light situations. At the same time, the camera’s Maestro processor guarantees fast processing of captured images, ensuring that it is immediately ready to shoot.
Leica M (Typ 262) Rangefinder Camera Key Features:
- 24MP Leica MAX Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Maestro Image Processor
- Stills-Only Operation, No Live View
- Rangefinder Focusing
- Optical 0.68x-Magnification Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot LCD with Gorilla Glass
- ISO 6400 and 3 fps Continuous Shooting
- Quiet Shutter Cocking Mechanism
- Compatible with M Mount Lenses
- Aluminum Top Plate, Red Leica Dot
Leica M (Typ 262) Images:
Note: If you are a Leica Camera User, you can now join the Leica Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Leica photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Leica Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeicaCameraUsers
- Leica M-P Full Frame Rangefinder Camera Announced, Price, Images, Specs
- Leica M-A (Typ 127) 35mm Rangefinder Camera Announced at Photokina
- Leica M Monochrom Typ 246 Officially Announced
- Leica M (Typ 262) Camera Registered in Russia and South Korea
- Leica SL (Typ 601) Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Announced: World’s Fastest AF!