In July Fujifilm officially announced the new Fujifilm X-T2 mirrorless camera. For the first time in X Series history, the X-T2 supports 4K video. Then we know Fujifilm X-T2 offers F-Log 4K recording, but only via HDMI output, and not internally. The previous rumor said that Fuji will release a new firmware update for Fujifilm X-T2 to have the internal 4K F-Log recording.
Now it is confirmed by Fuji maneger. Johnnie Behiri at Cinema5d had a chance to visit FUJIFILM HQ and discuss the future of their X camera line, particularly the new X-T2. And the Fuji manager said they are considering internal 4K F-Log recording for Fujifilm X-T2:
“As this introduction of F-Log is a first for us, we decided to go for uncompressed 4:2:2 first, which gives us the highest picture quality.
This means F-Log is provided via the HDMI output. It is compressed when recorded in-camera, and recorded at 4:2:0, so at a lower quality than uncompressed. That’s why we decided to provide F-Log only via the HDMI output.
After listening to our users’ opinions, we would like to consider internal F-Log recording.”
The new Fujifilm X-T2 mirrorless camera is amazing and it is ideal for portraiture, nature and sports photography.
Fujifilm X-T2 Key Features:
- 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III Sensor
- X-Processor Pro Engine
- 0.77x 2.36m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot 3-Way Tilting LCD Screen
- Internal UHD 4K Video & F-Log Gamma
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- 325-Point Intelligent Hybrid AF System
- Up to 8 fps Shooting and ISO 51200
- Weather-Sealed Body; Two UHS-II SD Slots
- Film Simulation and Grain Effect Modes
Read more: Fujifilm Rumors
Note: You can now join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- New Sony 4K Camcorder to Have the Same Sony a7S Sensor and Internal 4K Recording
- Confirmed: Fujifilm X-T2 to be Announced on July 7, 2016
- Fujifilm X-T2 Rumored to be Announced on June 14, 2016
- Fujifilm X-T2 to be Released in Mid August 2016
- Fujifilm X-Pro2, X-E2s, X70 and XF 100-400mm Full Specs & Product Description