Fujifilm officially announced the new Instax Square SQ10 Instant Camera – Fujifilm’s first square format Instax camera with a $279 price tag. Now it is available for pre-order at Amazon US. Shipping will start on May 8, 2017.
The SQ10 is the first hybrid camera within its range equipped with a digital image sensor and digital image processing technology, enabling greatly improved photographic image quality and image editing/processing before printing. This new system takes the image quality of instax to the next level and allows photographers to add a creative and artistic edge to their photography with an intuitive interface designed especially for the SQ10.
Fujifilm INSTAX SQUARE SQ10 Key Features:
- FUJIFILM INSTAX Square SQ10 with all-new hybrid INSTAX system
- 3” TFT color LCD monitor with 460K dots resolution
- ¼” CMOS image sensor with primary color filter
- 1920×1920 recorded pixels
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery (NP-50) for up to 160 images per charge
- Images taken and edited / processed can be saved in the internal memory (up to about 50 images) or on microSD \ microSDHC card slot (sold separately)
- 28.5mm fixed focal length (in 35m format equivalent)
- F2.4 aperture
- Micro USB for internal battery recharging
- JPEG image file format
- Print from internal memory or micro SD \ microSDHC card
- Tripod mount
- New INSTAX SQUARE Film format (color) sold in 10 sheets per pack
- o Screen size – 62mm×62mm (L×W)
- o Film size – 86mm×72mm (L×W)
Availability and Pricing
The INSTAX SQUARE SQ10 will be available in May 2017 in the U.S. and Canada for USD $279.95 and CAD $369.99.
INSTAX SQUARE Film will also be available in May 2017 in the U.S. and Canada for USD $16.99 and CAD $15.99.
Highlights of the instax SQUARE SQ10:
1. Improved image quality that transforms the everyday into a work of art
The SQ10 is the first instax camera to be equipped with a digital image sensor and image processing technology. These technologies enhance the camera’s ability to take brighter photos in low-light conditions (e.g. indoor and night scenes) and close-up shots from a distance of up to 10 cm with new functions such as automatic exposure control, face recognition, and auto-focus.
2. Creative photographic expression with various image editing features
A dynamic range of photographic expression is made possible by combining three main functions of ten striking filters with different effects, the dramatic vignette control which can adjust the light intensity at the periphery of the image (19 steps), and brightness adjustment (19 steps). Users can either set the functions to be used in advance or after shooting.
3. Easy-to-use and intuitive user interface
The integrated operation dial buttons on the back of the camera and the graphic interface which directly displays the image editing status in the LCD monitor enable the simple and intuitive operability through editing/processing and printing.
- Full List of Upcoming Fujifilm Products (to be Announced on April 19)
- Leaked: Fujifilm GF 110mm f/2 and GF 23mm f/4 Lenses Specs & Price
- Fujifilm GF 110mm f/2 R LM WR Lens to be Announced on April 19, 2017
- Confirmed: Fujifilm GF 110mm f/2 & GF 23mm f/4 R LM WR Lenses to be Announced on April 19
- Fujifilm X-T2 Announced, Price $1,599, Available for Pre-order