Canon is planning to release the new firmware update verison 1.1.0 for EOS 7D Mark II DSLR camera in early September 2016.
Here is the full press texts:
Regarding the EOS 7D Mark II digital SLR camera, we are planning to release Firmware Version 1.1.0 for download from the Web in order to enhance the functions.
Changes in the firmware:
We are planning to incorporate the following changes to enhance functions.
- Wi-Fi adapter W-E1 will be supported.
- A setting will be added to enable or disable automatic storage of the lens if it is extended out when a gear-driven STM lens*1 is attached, and the power switch is turned to [OFF].*1 EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, or EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM lenses
- Lens optical correction data for the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens will be added to the camera.
See also: Best lenses for Canon 7D Mark II.
via: Canon UK
Read more: Canon Rumors
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Firmware Verison 1.1 Coming Soon
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II Firmware Update, New Kit Lens and Wifi Adaptor Coming for Photokina 2016
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II Firmware Update Version 1.0.5 Released, Download Now!
- Canon EOS-1D X Firmware Update Version 2.0.8 Coming
- New Firmware for Canon 7D Mark II Coming Next Week