Canon does need a slower 600mm super telephoto zoom lens in their lineup, although canon has lots of great lenses. The Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 sports lens ($1,999) and Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 lens ($999) are selling really well, and recently Tamron released the new 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens ($1,399), so I think Canon should unveil its own 600mm lens as soon as possible to compete against Sigma and Tamron.
According to the report from CanonRumors, the upcoming Canon EF 200-600mm f/4.5-5.6 IS lens will be possibly announced along with Canon EOS 6D Mark II DSLR camera, which is rumored to be launched in the first half of 2017, probably at CP+ 2017 in February. This new Canon EF 200-600mm f/4.5-5.6 IS will NOT be an “L” lens, and has no weather sealing but great optics and build quality. And this 600mm lens will cost about the same as the 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II ($1,999).
And here are the Canon EOS 6D Mark II rumored specs:
- 4K Video
- Dual SD card slots
- Articulating screen
- Dual Pixel AF
- Less weight and smaller size
- Official announcement around February, 2017
Currently, the Canon EOS 6D body retails for only $1,499 at Amazon and this is a very good price for a full-frame DSLR with built-in wi-fi and GPS.
Read more: Canon Rumors
- Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS DO BR USM Lens to be Announced in Late 2017
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II Rumored Specs (25MP, 4K), Coming at CP+ 2017
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II and New Canon DSLR Coming in 2017
- Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS DO BR USM Lens Prototype at Canon EXPO
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II Rumored to be Announced in February 2017