Venus 10-18mm F/4.5 – 5.6 Features (via Adorama) :
- World s widest zoom lens for Sony – This is currently the world’s widest zoom lens for Sony full frame E-mount cameras. It provides a wide range of perspective from 102° (18mm) to 130° (10mm) and it is excellent for landscape or architecture photography.
- Light & Compact – Designed primarily for travel photography, Venus has managed to compress the size to the smallest and lightest, less than 9.1 cm and only 496g (~1.1 lbs). So much smaller than the other similar lenses in the market but it’s so much wider.
- 10- Stroke Sunstars – an ordinary sunstars rendering can often be a deal breaker for landscape photographers. Our new Laowa 10-18mm, however, has been carefully redesigned to incorporate 5 straight aperture blades to produce a well-defined, sharp and clean 10-stroke sunstars.
- 37mm Rear Filter – A photography cannot take a good landscape photo without using a filter. We have carefully designed a 37mm filter thread at the back of the lens for photographers to use ND filters with ease.
- Due to the extreme compact size, our lens is able to take 100mm-wide filter system as opposed to the much bulkier and more expensive 150mm system being used by other UWA lenses.
- Close Focus Distance – This lens features one of the closest focusing distance among all UWA lenses for Sony cameras. It focuses as close as 15cm which offers an additional degree of fun by making some mini-macro shots.
- Click/clickless aperture – can be toggled by the switch on the lens barrel. This added feature is extremely useful for videographers.
- The Laowa 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 comprises of 14 elements in 10 groups with 2 pcs of aspherical elements and 1 pc of Extra-low dispersion elements. The patented optical design successfully minimizes the distortion and chromatic aberrations to its lowest but still can delivers a superb optical performance from corners to corners at the same time.