Tokina officially announced their first full frame E-mount lens: Tokina Firin 20mm f/2 FE MF Lens. The US price of this lens is not available yet. And this Tokina Firin 20mm f/2 FE MF lens is scheduled to be released in first quarter of 2017.
Here is the official press release:
Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce the new FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF.
FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF is the first in Tokina product line compact form-factor super wide ultra fast F2 aperture manual prime lens compatible with Full-Frame E-Mount mirrorless cameras.
FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF belongs to a newly launched “FíRIN” series of Tokina lenses for mirrorless cameras (or ILCs – Interchangeable Lens Compacts) marking a new epoch in Tokina history. FíRIN is a variation of Fírinne – the old Irish word for “truth”. It means “that what is real” and signifies “being true to someone or something”. It represents a promise from Tokina to photographers to help them capture the truth in their images with this revolutionary new lens.
- Perfect match to SONY A7 series body in terms of design, high-precision Japanese made parts and form factor.
- Being compact and light-weight, FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF performs excellent optical abilities due to perfectly placed two all-glass precision molded aspherical elements with 3 Super-Low Dispersion (SD) glass lens elements that are greatly reducing aberrations and yielding higher resolution and contrast. All lens elements are carefully multi-coated that helps to reduce reflections and flares to an absolute minimum.
- The FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF has an ability to encode and transmit aperture, distance and optical data to the camera body making this lens fully suitable in terms of using MF assist function, 5 axis image stabilization and view finder electronic distance scale. Lens CPU with optical correction data noticeably contributing to final image processing inside the camera.
- Design devoted to manual shooting and cinema enthusiasts includes a wide manual focus ring, aperture ring and depth of field index bar.
- De-Click Aperture function makes this lens suitable for cinema/video shooting.
- Focus distance: 20mm
- Brightness: F2
- Compatible format: Full format
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Lens configuration: 13 elements in 11 group
- Angle of view: 92.651°
- Filter size: 62mm
- Shortest object distance: 0.28m / 11 in.
- Macro maximum magnification: 1 : 10.33
- Focus method: Internal focus
- Number of aperture blades: 9
- Maximum diameter: 69mm
- Full length: 81.5mm
- Weight: 490g
- Hood: Square, bayonet type
- Mount type: Sony-E
Estimated Time of Arrival : First Quarter, 2017