Tamron officially announced the development of a new high-speed standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras: Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens (Model A036). The US price is still unknown and it is expected to be released in the middle of 2018.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Constant f/2.8 Maximum Aperture
- RXD Stepping AF Motor
- Fluorine-Coated Front Element
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
PRODUCT NAME: 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036) For Sony E-mount (35mm full-frame)
DATE OF LAUNCH: Launch planned by the middle of 2018
Model A036 delivers superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background blur effects (bokeh). Photographers may enjoy dynamic wide-angle expressions like never before thanks to a minimum object distance of 0.19 m (7.5 in) at the wide-angle zoom setting. Usefulness and versatility are enhanced by its compact size and light weight, measuring only 117.8mm (4.6 in) and weighing 550g (19.4 oz).Model A036 incorporates an all-new high-speed and precise AF driving system.
- Superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background blur effects (bokeh), provided by fast F/2.8 aperture.
- Comfortably light weight (550g / 19.4 oz) and compact (117.8mm / 4.6 in).
- Close-focusing; Minimum Object Distance: 0.19m / 7.5 in at wide-angle setting and 0.39m / 15.3 in at the telephoto position.
- All-new “RXD” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
- Exciting next-generation design keeping the brand consistency that is ergonomically superb.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating for weather protection.
- Compatible with the “Direct Manual Focus (DMF)” feature that enables Sony cameras to instantly switch between autofocus and manual focus.
* Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc. are subject to change without prior notice.
See the full press release at Tamron.