Tamron today officially announced the new 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD all-in-one super-zoom lens. Avaialble for Canon EF and Nikon F mounts, this new Tamron 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD lens is priced at $649 USD. Shipping is scheduled to start on July 21, 2017.
Tamron 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD Lens Key Features:
- World’s first 22.2x ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom lens
- 28.8-640mm (Canon) / 27-600mm (Nikon) (35mm Equivalent)
- Canon EF and Nikon F mounts / APS-C Format
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/40
- Three LD and Three Aspherical Elements
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- VC Image Stabilization (VC for confident telephoto shooting)
- HLD Autofocus Motor (HLD means quick, accurate and quiet autofocus)
- 1:2.9 Max. Mag. Ratio for versatile close-up capability
- Compatible with TAMRON TAP-in Console, an optional accessory product
Go to extremes with the world’s first 22.2x ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom.
Introducing the world’s first ultra-telephoto all-in-one zoom lens for the APS-C format. With a focal length range of 18-400mm and 22.2x zoom, it has an ultra-telephoto range equivalent to 620mm in the 35mm format. This brings distant subjects closer, while providing perspective-flattening effects that are only possible with an extreme telephoto lens. Plus it offers exceptional optical performance across the entire zoom range—from wide angle to ultra-telephoto. With this new lens—and its Moisture-Resistant Construction—Tamron brings the art of photography to the joy of travel. Now you can use the same lens to shoot everything from stunning landscapes and neon-lit cities to detailed portraits and delicate flora. The ultra-telephoto range makes it just as easy to photograph animals and sports. And with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9, you can even enjoy tele-macro photography.
Additional information including sample images and MTF charts can be found at Tamron USA.