- LCD screen resolution changed from 1.44 million dots to 2,359,296 dots
- Both cameras are now compatible with USB 3.2 (SuperSpeed USB 5Gbps)
- No Sony logo under the LCD screen (see above picture)
- The battery life has also been updated
- Product pages on Sony: Sony a7R IIIA, Sony a7R IVA
According to the update product specifications, both the a7R III (model: ILCE-7RM3A) and a7R IV (model: ILCE-7RM4A) have improved rear LCD panels, up to 2.36 million dots compared to the 1.44 million dots in the original models. Sony notes in the the battery life of the updated cameras has dropped slightly (10 shots) when using the LCD panel. Also, based on the product photos on Sony’s website, the a7R IV (model: ILCE-7RM4A) no longer has the Sony logo under the LCD monitor. Aside from those details, it’s not clear what else, if anything, has changed.
Sony’s updated product pages don’t show whether or not the price has changed and, as of publication, Sony’s site isn’t linking out to any retailers with the new models in stock. Neither Adorama or B&H Photo have the new models listed as of publication.
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Best Lenses for Sony a7R IV
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7R IV
- Best Lenses for Sony a7R III
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7R III