Sony has announced the new firmware version 2.0 for Sony PXW-FX9 cinema camcorder (Amazon, B&H, Adorama). This Sony FX9 Firmware Version 2.0 upgrade is free of charge and available in October 2020, will include expanded shooting capabilities, enhanced auto-focus, and menu control improvements with touch features.
New Features and Improvements:
- Full-frame 4K 60p/50p recording with oversampling (image sensor scan size is around 5K)
- FHD 180fps shooting
- DCI 4K recording
- 16 bit RAW output (with XDCA-FX9)
- Support DWX digital wireless audio receiver (with XDCA-FX9)
- Eye-AF capability
- Support 6G-SDI
- Adds User 3D Look-Up-Table function
- Adds HDR shooting function with Hybrid Log Gamma
- Support touch-screen operation (regarding some status screens and some settings)
- Increased upper limit of Gain setting
- Support XLR-K3M with digital I/F
Read more: Best Memory Cards for Sony FX9.