The Sony FX3 E-mount cinema camera is now shipping from all the major US retailers.
- 10.2MP full-frame Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor
- BIONZ XR Image Processing Engine
- Real-time Eye-AF and Real-time AF tracking
- Uninterrupted 4K 60p recording with cooling fan
- 3-inch flip-out, vari-angle LCD monitor
- High-speed 2.4 and 5GHz Wi-Fi16 / FTP transfer
- 627 phase-detection AF points
- Touch menu, and controls
- S-Cinetone inspired by VENICE colorimetry
- Top handle, MI shoe, and 3.5mm jack audio options
With a compact design for solo shooters, travel applications, and to serve as an ideal B cam, the Sony FX3 borrows from both the Cinema Line and Alpha series of cameras to create an optimized portable cinema camera. If you don’t love the form factor, you can just get a Sony a7S III at Amazon, B&H, Adorama for $3,498.