DPReview has completed their Sony a9 II mirrorless camera review and test results: The Sony a9 II mirrorless camera achieves an excellent 90% overall score and Gold Award from the experts at DPReview.
Sony A9 II Key Features:
- 24.2MP Full-Frame Exmor RS CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- 693-Point Phase-Detection AF System
- Up to 20 fps Shooting, ISO 100-204800
- UHD 4K30p Video, Real-Time Eye AF
- Blackout-Free Quad-VGA 3.7m-Dot OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.44m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- Dual UHS-II SD Card Slots, Voice Memos
- 5 GHz Wi-Fi, 1000BASE-T Ethernet
Conclusion from DPReview:
The Sony Alpha 9 Mark II comes with the best autofocus system we’ve seen. It’s compact yet has a good-sized grip, produces great Raw and JPEG files, offers excellent battery life and solid video capture. That said, we do think its video capabilities and rear screen could be updated, and of course, this is a sports camera, so those looking for maximum resolution or dynamic range are barking up the wrong tree. But the a9 II meets and, in some cases, exceeds the capabilities of its peers and makes for a truly compelling value for sports and action photographers.
Read the full review at DPReview.