Sony announced the new Sony A7s full-frame mirrorless camera with 4K video output at its Las Vegas press event today. Sony A7s is really an amazing camera for both video and still photographers! The price will be announced later (the rumored price is $1,699) and release in “Summer”2014. You can see the Sony A7S vs A7 vs A7R vs Panasonic GH4 Specs Comparison.
Sony A7s main characteristics
- ISO 50-409600
- extreme high dynamic range and color fidelity (So Sony says without to share numbers yet)
- 4K recording with no pixel binning
- 4K recording on external records only (internal recording only Full HD)
- 4:2:2 color sampling with external recorder
- The “S” stays for “sensivity
- Price will be announced later and release in “Summer”. Some other sites said price should be $1,699. But take this with a huge grain of salt!
- Full press text follows on bottom of this post
Below are the official Sony A7s sample images from Sony USA website.
Sony A7s Sample Images:
Sony A7s Sample Movie
Sony has also posted a 4K sample video shot entirely on the brand new Sony A7S compact system camera.