We are told that the upcoming Sony a7S III mirrorless camera will be priced around $3,500 USD. Considering the Canon EOS R5 body price ($3,899), this is surely a fair price if the Sony a7S III rumored specs are turned out to be true.
Here is what we know so far about the upcoming Sony a7S III:
- New 12MP stacked sensor with fast readout
- Can record FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- No 8K video for Sony a7S III
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- no Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- Design similar to Sony a7R IV
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- World’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- New kind of passive (noise free) cooling system, like Panasonic S1H
- No overheating, no recording time limits
- UHS-II SD card and CFexpress Type A card support
- Official announcement around July 28, 2020
- Shipping will start in mid August
So, what do you think about this specification list of Sony a7S III? Do you think this Sony a7S III have enough power to compete against the new Canon EOS R5 ($3,899 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama)? Please leave you comment below.
Stay tuned with us for more Sony Camera Rumors.
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!