The rumors are flying surrounding the Sony a7III after the Sony a9 announcement. Sony is actively working on the new Sony a7III mirrorless camera which is expected to be announced this Fall. So far, the biggest rumors are it will have a new 24MP full frame sensor, the exact same Sony A9 autofocus system without the 20fps frame rate, the Sony A9 Joystick control, Touch Screen and 4K video recording.
Update: Sony will have a new product announcement today (Sep. 12th) at 10am New York Time (15:00 in London or 16:00 in Berlin).
- 6fps with mechanical shutter
- ISO up to 51200 (expanded to ISO 204800)
- 693 phase detection AF (which is same as a9!!)
- minimum focus sensitivity is EV-3
- 4k 30p recording
Another area that’s unclear is whether the Sony a7III will have the same Sony a9 body design or keep the current Sony a7II styling. My personal guess is if they stick with the A7 branding, they will keep the Sony a7II design (only single card slot).
The previous rumored specs of Sony a7III:
- New 24MP full frame sensor
- A fully articulated touchscreen
- 4K Video Recording
- Same Sony A9 autofocus system without the 20fps frame rate
- Joystick control
- Improved AF (speed, accuracy, frame coverage, settings)
- BSI sensor
- AA filter or global shutter in silent mode
- Faster EVF
- Better weather sealing
- Dual memory??
- Price around $2000
- Announcement this Fall, sometime between October-November
What do you expect from Sony a7III? What’s your specs wishlist?
Hot Sony Camera Deals: