The latest rumors suggest that the new Sony a7 IV will be released around September 2021.
Speaking of the specifications, the Sony a7 IV is rumored to be equipped with a 30MP Full-frame BSI CMOS image sensor (stepping up from the Sony a7 III‘s 24MP), 5-axis IBIS, 4K 60p video recording as well as a $2499 price tag and more.
Sony a7 IV Rumored Specifications:
- Camera type: Full-frame mirrorless
- Sensor: Full-frame 30Mp BSI CMOS
- Processing engine: Bionz XR
- Sensitivity: ISO 50-204,800
- The same menu system as Sony a7S III
- Autofocus system: Hybrid with 693 phase detection points and 425 contrast detection points, Real Time Eye AF (Human and Animal for stills and video)
- Stabilisation: 5-axis IBIS and digital, up to 5.5EV shutter speed compensation
- Video resolution: 4K at up 60fps and 1080p at 240fps, 10-bit and 4:2:2 colour over HDMI
- Gamut: S-Log2 and S-Log3, S-Gamut3.Cine and S-Gamut3
- Still File formats: Raw, JPG, HEIF
- Screen: 3-inch 1,440,000-dot vari-angle touchscreen
- Viewfinder: 0.5-inch OLED with 3.69million dots
- Maximum continuous shooting rate: 10fps with mechanical or electronic shutter
- Storage: Dual: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II) and CFexpress Type A
- Launch Price: $2,499
- Announcement in Q2 – Q3 of 2021
- To be Released in September 2021
The Sony a7 III was officially announced in February 2018, which means it is almost 3 years old. So it’s time for Sony to announce this highly anticipated model, and there is no doubt that Sony will put a lot of effort into it.
You can also see the upcoming Sony cameras & lenses in 2021.
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!