Earlier rumors said the highly anticipated Sony a7 IV would be announced in September with a release date in October 2021. But now, it seems that the Sony a7 IV announcement will be delayed further: from mid September to the end of October 2021.
Currently, the supply of cameras and lenses from many manufacturers, including Sony, is stagnant due to the worldwide chip production shortage, so it’s no wonder that the release of the Sony a7 IV will be delayed.
Speaking of the specifications, the Sony a7 IV is rumored to be equipped with a 30MP Full-frame BSI CMOS image sensor (stepping up from the Sony a7 III‘s 24MP), 5-axis IBIS, 4K 60p video recording as well as a $2499 price tag and more.
Sony a7 IV Rumored Specifications:
- Camera type: Full-frame mirrorless
- Sensor: Full-frame 30Mp BSI CMOS
- Processing engine: Bionz XR
- Sensitivity: ISO 50-204,800
- The same menu system as Sony a7S III
- Autofocus system: Hybrid with 693 phase detection points and 425 contrast detection points, Real Time Eye AF (Human and Animal for stills and video)
- Stabilisation: 5-axis IBIS and digital, up to 5.5EV shutter speed compensation
- Video resolution: 4K at up 60fps and 1080p at 240fps, 10-bit and 4:2:2 colour over HDMI
- Gamut: S-Log2 and S-Log3, S-Gamut3.Cine and S-Gamut3
- Still File formats: Raw, JPG, HEIF
- Screen: 3-inch 1,440,000-dot vari-angle touchscreen
- Viewfinder: 0.5-inch OLED with 3.69million dots
- Maximum continuous shooting rate: 10fps with mechanical or electronic shutter
- Storage: Dual: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II) and CFexpress Type A
- Launch Price: $2,499
- Announcement in late October 2021
You can also see the upcoming Sony cameras & lenses in 2021.
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a1
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7S III
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7C
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7R IV
- Best Memory Cards for Sony ZV-E10
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!