It seems that the upcoming Sony a6700 high end APS-C format mirrorless camera will have almost the same body as the a7C, and it will be basically a Sony a7C with an APS-C sensor. The official announcement will come in late May 2021, and it will replace the Sony a6600.
- Basically, an a7c with an aps-c sensor.
- same EVF, LCD resolution
- same tilt screen
- same new menus
- only minor tweaks to a7c body
- BUT improved IBIS using smaller APS-C sensor
- New sensor
- higher resolution over current APS-C line
- same FPS as a6600 but now pushing larger files
- improved low-light performance
- reduced rolling shutter
- video specs may be close to a7c
- price similar to a7c
Sony a6700 Rumored Specifications:
- Name: Sony a6700
- a6600 replacement
- Announcement in late May
- Will be branded as “Vlogger” camera
- Same general body form factor but wit many smaller improvements they took from the ZV-1 and a7c
- 32MP sensor
- 4k 60p 10 bit video
- Fully articulated screen
- Readout at 12bit is 17ms.
- Form factor is identical to a7c
- better lcd and evf minor tweeks to the body
Sony’s new high-end APS-C camera is likely to be a high-performance camera that uses the new APS-C sensor in the same body as the a7C. The details of the sensor are unknown, but I would like to expect APS-C to adopt backside illumination.
In addition, IBIS (camera shake correction) is said to be disadvantageous in terms of correction effect for small diameter mounts, but APS-C has no restrictions on mount diameter, so it seems that a big improvement can be expected. Since the price is close to a7C, it seems to be the most expensive model in Sony’s APS-C.
- Best Lenses for Sony a7C
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7C
- Best Lenses for Sony a6600
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a6600