DPReview has published their Sony a1 review and test results: The Sony a1 flagship mirrorless camera achieves an excellent 93% overall score and Gold Award from the experts at DPReview. So, up to now the Sony a1 is the No. 1 best camera ever DPReview has tested on the market.
- 50MP ‘stacked’ full-frame CMOS sensor
- 30 fps burst shooting with electronic shutter (lossy compressed Raw/JPEG only)
- 8K/30p video recording with Log and 4K Raw video out over HDMI
- 1/400 sec flash sync with mechanical shutter (1/200 sec with electronic shutter)
- 9.44M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder with 0.9x magnification
- 3.0″ tilting touchscreen with 1.44M-dot resolution
- Full-size HDMI port, headphone / mic ports, USB-C port with 10 Gb/s transfer speeds, ethernet port
- Dual UHS-II / CFexpress Type A card slots
- CIPA rated to 530 shots with rear LCD (430 through the viewfinder)
- Weather-sealed body
- 737g (1.62 lb)
Conclusion from DPReview:
The Sony a1 is the most refined Alpha-series interchangeable lens camera yet. Its combination of speed and resolution for both stills and video set it apart in a crowded field of excellent options, though that combination is also responsible for the price it commands. But the fact remains, most any professional photographer will be able to use the a1 for most anything they’d think to shoot.
Photographers capturing fast action, landscapes, weddings and events, portraiture and studio work or high-quality video.
Not so good for
Photographers that don’t need (or won’t benefit from) the a1’s combination of abilities. Those that need maximum resolution and dynamic range.
You can read the full review at DPReview.