Sigma will announce a new 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens next week, on February 23 before the CP+ show 2016. Here are the specs of the Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens:
- Lens construction: 15 elements in 21 group
- Three FLD glass. One SLD glass. One high-refractive-index, high-dispersion glass. Three high refractive index SLD glass
- Filter Size: 82mm
- Shortest photographing distance: 95cm
- Maximum magnification of 1: 6.7
- Total length: 170.7mm
- Maximum diameter: 93.5mm
- Weight: 1490g
- Aperture blades: 9 sheets (circular aperture)
- Of the new development that has been thinned ultrasonic motor
- Inner focus, inner zoom
- Suggested retail price is 167,400 yen (tax included)
- Available in Canon EF, Nikon F, Sigma
- Release Date April 22
Available for Canon EF, Nikon F, and Sigma SA mounts, the Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art will provide a 35mm equivalent zoom range of 75-150mm which is perfect for portrait and wedding photography. And the Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art lens will have a price tag about ¥167,400 in Japan which makes its price around $1,500 in USD and it is expected to be released on April 22, 2016.
We know that Sigma is actively working on about 12 lenses and at least three new Sigma lenses will be announced in 2016: Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens, Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art Lens, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 Art OS Lens and Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport Lens.
Stay tuned for more info.
Read more: Sigma Rumors
Note: If you are a Sigma User (Camera or Lens User), you can now join the Sigma Users Facebook Group to share your Sigma photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Sigma Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SigmaUsers