It’s still too early to get any confirmed info about Canon EOS 7D Mark III, but a latest Canon patent shows a very detailed description on how Canon would add the illuminated buttons on a 5D or 7D series camera. So we expect the Canon EOS 7D Mark III DSLR camera will get illuminated buttons, which is rumored to be announced sometime in the first half of 2018, probably at CP+ 2018.
We know Nikon has already implemented illuminated buttons in thier DSLR, so this patent shows Canon is working hard in their labs and we’ll see the illuminated buttons in Canon DSLR in the near future.
Canon EOS 7D Mark III Rumored Specifications:
- 28MP sensor
- 4K video
- More video oriented features
- Tiltable touchscreen
- More upscale than the Canon EOS 7D Mark II
- A higher end feature set when compared to other APS-C DSLRs from Canon
- A “new generation” of Canon APS-C sensors
- The same introductory price as the EOS 7D Mark II
See also: Best Lenses for Canon EOS 7D Mark II.