The Profoto A10 AirTTL-F Studio Light is now officially announced, which is available for Canon, Nikon, Sony and Fujifilm cameras. The US price is $1,095, and it is available for pre-order at B&H, Adorama.
Building on the success and popularity of the A1X, Profoto introduces an enhanced version, Profoto A10 has the same powerful battery that gets 450 full-power flashes instead of 350, fast full-power recycling time of one second, and 20 wireless channels. What’s ground-breaking about the A10 is that you can sync it with your iPhone camera. The camera app syncs your iPhone with the A10 over Bluetooth connection – no additional hardware attachments needed. The App enables you to precisely control the A10’s flash tube power, its LED modelling light, and also control all other standard camera settings: shutter speed, ISO sensitivity and white balance in 1/3 EV steps. You can take photos in different image formats: HEIF, JPG, or raw. It even has a self-timer! Instead of sending an approximation of a shot to a colleague or client, email or text an actual professionally lit image. You can even download future firmware upgrades to the A10 through your smartphone.
The A10 was created for the professional photographer looking for portability and performance features or the ambitious non-professional who recognizes quality lighting but wants it comfortably and easily without the hassle of an overly technical interface. The A10 is easy to use. You can literally take it out of the box and start shooting. Weighing 1.2 lb including its battery, the A10’s sleek matte black finish not only appeals to the eye but to the tactile sense as well.
Profoto A10 Key Features:
- Round flash head design with for a natural light with smooth fall-off.
- Compatible with all magnetic Profoto Clic Light Shaping Tools.
- Compatibile with all Profoto Air, AirTTL and Connect triggers.
- Smart Connectivity with Profoto app for iOS.
- Built-in AirX bluetooth sync technology for future proof compatibility with mobile cameras.
- Clean and easy user interface with large hi-res display.
- Extremely fast flash recycling
- Exchangeable and rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with high capacity.
- Flash head with 90˚ tilt and 360˚ rotation.
- Laser AF-assist and LED modelling light.
- Auto or manual zoom for flash and modelling light.
- Optional hotshoe versions for Canon, Nikon, Sony and Fujifilm cameras.
This Is the Profoto A10.
The A10 is in every inch a Profoto light. Its round head delivers light that’s both natural and beautiful with a soft smooth fall-off. And it’s incredibly easy and to use, with superfast recycling and a long-lasting battery, so you’ll never miss a shot. And with Profoto’s latest Bluetooth enabled technology AirX built in, you can unleash the full power of the A10 when shooting with your smartphone. So regardless of what type of camera you use, you’ll now have access to light shaping excellence anytime, anywhere.