Here are the detailed specifications of the upcoming Panasonic Lumix S5 full-frame mirrorless camera, which will be officially announced on Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 10AM EDT/ 7AM PDT. In addition, the Panasonic Lumix S5 mirrorless camera is already listed at B&H, and preorder will start at 10am ET, September 2.
Panasonic Lumix S5 Detailed Specifications (Google Translate):
- Panasonic Lumix S5 body: $1997.99
- Panasonic Lumix S5 with 20-60mm lens kit: $2297.99
- Equipped with a full-size 24.2M CMOS sensor and “Venus engine” equipped with “dual native ISO” that suppresses noise and realizes excellent high-sensitivity image quality.
- While realizing the high video performance of the S series such as 4K60p video recording and unlimited recording, it has a highly mobile body size.
- Smooth and highly flexible 4K60p recording, expressive power of 4K/FHD 10bit recording with abundant color gradation. Equipped with various video recording formats that are optimized for various video expressions.
- With 4K60p/30p/24p 10bit settings, you can record a movie for about 30 minutes, and under the recommended environment, you can immediately resume shooting. With 4K30p/24p8bit and FHD settings, you can record without time limit (with temperature limit) and support long-time uncut shooting.
- The wide dynamic range of 14+stop cinema camera class and V-Log/V-Gamut realize high level color reproduction from highlight to shadow.
- By strengthening AF tracking and adding new “head recognition” to “face/pupil recognition”/”human body recognition”, we continue to capture the movement of the subject while responding to the photographer’s expression intention.
- “Dual I.S. 2” with 6.5-step image stabilization performance powerfully assists in the expression of photos and images in various shooting scenes.
- High S/N ratio and regular ISO sensitivity of 51200 provides excellent high-sensitivity endurance. The high-sensitivity image quality that can be achieved with the full-size CMOS sensor and Venus engine, beautifully depicts the subject even in the dark.
- High resolution mode (equivalent to 96 million pixels) that allows you to pursue details. Realizes an amazing resolution that cannot be obtained with a single shot.
- Live-view composite that records the natural phenomenon that occurs in front of you with a beautiful light trail. You can leave it as a photographic work without leaving time.
- A photo style that allows you to create a picture that matches your expression intent. Equipped with 9 color styles and 3 monochromes, you can set colors that are seamless and uniform from still images to movies.
- Slow & quick mode (S & Q), which can be quickly accessed from the mode dial, can record up to 2.5 times slower at 4K, slower (60 fps), and up to 5 times slower (120 fps) at FHD while tracking AF (up to 7.5 at MF). Double slow (180fps) recording is possible).
- Equipped with a newly developed small mechanical shutter with a maximum of 1/8000 seconds.
- Approximately 1.84 million dot free angle monitor, approximately 2.36 million dot OLED finder.
- Dustproof/splashproof specification, robustness of magnesium alloy frame.
- Compatible with new battery (DMW-BLK22) for long-time shooting and optional battery grip (DMW-BGS5).
Note: Join the Panasonic Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Panasonic photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!