Panasonic officially announced the new LEICA DG SUMMILUX 12mm f/1.4 ASPH lens. Designed for micro four thirds mirrorless cameras, this wide-angle 12mm f/1.4 lens provides a 24mm equivalent focal length. Integrating two aspherical lenses, two UED (Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion) lenses and an ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) lens, the lens system is comprised of 15 elements in 12 groups. And the bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in difficult and low lighting conditions, and also affords greater control over depth of field for selective focus techniques. The US price of this lens is $1,299 and it will be released on August 12, 2016.
Panasonic 12mm F/1.4 Mirrorless Key Features:
- Experience a Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera lens design with a significant reduction in size and weight of comparable DSLR 35mm lenses.
- 12mm F1.4 LEICA SUMMILUX high-performance wide angle lens for group, event, and nature photography (24mm 35mm camera lens equivalent).
- Indoor shooting in low lighting produces a natural defocusing effect with its F1.4 high speed aperture.
- Ideally suited for the outdoors with a splash and dustproof sealed body. (When combined with splash and dustproof LUMIX G Mirrorless camera models)
- Suppresses “sagittal flare” that occurs in some ultra wide-angle lenses at wide-aperture settings.
- Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion and Extra-Low Dispersion optics with stringent LEICA standards assure high image quality with high resolution and minimum distortion.
- Compatible with 4K video capture.
Lens construction – 15 elements in 12 groups
- 2 Aspherical lenses
- 2 Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion
- 1 Extra-Low Dispersion lens
Aspherical (ASPH) lenses reduce size and weight to effectively prevent spherical and distortion aberration. Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) and Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion (UED) lenses correct chromatic aberration to render sharp, high-contrast images with clear colors from corner to corner.
Lens technical specifications:
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 24 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Micro Four Thirds|
|Format Compatibility||Micro Four Thirds|
|Angle of View||84°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.87″ (20 cm)|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 62 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.76 x 2.76″ (70 x 70 mm)|
|Weight||11.82 oz (335 g)|