Panasonic is allegedly working a new high end Panasonic GH5S MFT mirrorless camera, which will be an “ultra” video oriented low-light version/High-sensitivity version of the current Panasonic GH5 (previous report here). The latest rumors suggest this Panasonic GH5S mirrorless camera will be priced around $2,500 USD. The current Panasonic GH5 mirrorless camera is an excellent holiday gift and it retails for $1,997.99 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Here is a recap on what we know so far about the Panasonic GH5S:
- An “ultra” video oriented low-light version/High-sensitivity version of the current Panasonic GH5
- It will have excellent low light performance similar to the Sony a7S II
- Fewer megapixels (12MP or 16MP) and bigger pixels pitch
- State of the art video functions
- Improved low light performance
- The same body design as the Panasonic GH5
- The name (GH5S) is NOT 100% confirmed
- To be released at the end of February 2018
- It will be priced around $2,500 USD
Read more: Panasonic Cyber Monday Deals 2017.
Note: Join the Panasonic Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Panasonic photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!