Unlike the OM-1, the upcoming OM SYSTEM OM-5 mirrorless camera will have a single card slot only. In addition, the OM SYSTEM OM-5 will be equipped with the same 20.4MP Stacked BSI Live MOS MFT Sensor as OM-1, 15 fps high-speed continuous shooting and AI subject tracking. This OM SYSTEM OM-5 camera will be announced at the end of September and it will be released in October 2022.
OM SYSTEM OM-5 Rumored Specifications:
- 20MP Stacked BSI Live MOS MFT Sensor (the same as OM-1)
- AI artificial intelligence detection auto focus
- 15 fps high-speed continuous shooting
- Single card slot design
- The same BLX-1 battery as the OM-1
- No longer using the OLYMPUS trademark
- Announcement at the end of September 2022
- Release in October 2022
Note: Join the Olympus Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!