The new Olympus TG-5 waterproof digital camera is now officially announced. Available in black and red colors, the Olympus TG-5 costs $449 USD, and it is now available for preorder at Amazon, B&H and Adorama. Shipping is scheduled to start on July 3, 2017.
As with all Tough cameras, the new Olympus TG-5 is waterproof, shockproof, crushproof, freezeproof, and dustproof. Utilizing a 12MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the TG-5 offers notable image clarity and low-light performance along with fast 20 fps continuous shooting, 4K video recording, and high-speed Full HD 1080p shooting at 120 fps. Balancing the imaging capabilities is a versatile 4x optical zoom lens, which spans a 25-100mm equivalent range, and has an f/2 maximum aperture to benefit working in low-light conditions.
Olympus Tough TG-5 Highlights:
- 12MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- TruePic VIII Image Processor
- Olympus 4x Optical Zoom f/2 Lens
- 25-100mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Water, Crush, Shock, Freeze & Dustproof
- 4K Video Recording and Full HD at 120p
- Pro Capture Mode & Variable Macro System
- Field Sensor System with GPS
- Built-In Wi-Fi