DPReview has completed their Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV review and test results: The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV mirrorless camera achieves an excellent 81% overall score and Silver Award from the experts at DPReview.
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV Key Features:
- 20.3MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds Sensor
- TruePic VIII Image Processor
- UHD 4K30p Video Recording
- 2.36m-Dot 0.67x-Magnification OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot 180° Tilt Touchscreen
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- 121-Point Contrast-Detection AF
- 8.7 fps Shooting, ISO 200-25600
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
Conclusion from DPReview:
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a handsome entry-level camera with some helpful aids for new users, but with enough controls to provide room to grow. While its autofocus and burst speeds lag the competition, its stand-out feature is an effective in-body stabilizer, especially handy for low-light stills and handheld video shooting. In all, the E-M10 IV is a fine photographic companion for a variety of users.
Travel, family and documentary photography, portraits, and users that want to capture smooth 4K video with a minimum of fuss.
Not so good for
Those that need more reliable autofocus tracking and higher burst speeds for sports, action and wildlife.