Nikon is rumored to announce the new “Nikon Z8” mirrorless camera in spring 2023, which will compete directly with Sony a7R V. The specifications and pricing of Nikon Z8 are comparable to those of the Sony a7R V. In addition, the Nikon Z8 camera’s product design has been completed. We’ve also heard that the Z8 design has been finalized and is ready for production, and the only problem preventing an official announcement is the lack of parts.
The new Sony a7R V has just been launched, and it also has a lot of improvements in body shock resistance and subject-detection autofocus, and the fans are also eagerly waiting for Sony’s new camera. Recently, rumors indicate that Nikon may release the Z8 full-frame mirrorless camera in the spring of 2023. The specifications and pricing of the camera are similar to the Sony a7R V, but the biggest obstacle for the time being is still the shortage of some parts.
In fact, the Nikon Z8 first began to circulate in the second half of 2019. At that time, the pseudo-instruction for the Z8 was updated to indicate that the new opportunity has 60.79MP, slightly more than the 60.22MP of the Sony a7R IV, and is expected to become the highest pixel full-frame on the market. However, after three years, the Nikon Z8 has not appeared, which makes people wonder what Nikon is still considering. According to the latest market expectations, Nikon may announce that the Z8 is in development around CP+, or will be shipped in mid-May next year.
In fact, Nikon revealed in an interview with Japanese media last month that he was planning to implement the Z9’s functions in a slightly lower-grade camera, which is very consistent with the public’s expected Z8. In order for the Z8 to become a “Baby Z9”, the Z8 will use the Z9’s 45.7MP full-frame stacked CMOS sensor. Even though it is only as big as the Z6/Z7 series, it will include a more powerful focusing mechanism, also known as the Focus algorithm, as well as an electronic viewfinder with a greater resolution.
When will the Z8 be officially announced?
- Development announcement like D4/D5 in early 2023
- Official announcement unlikely at CP+ in late February 2023
- Most likely, an official announcement will be made in late spring 2023, with a launch date around May.
What to expect from the Z8…
- Same form as Z6 and Z7
- Improved EVF
- Improved AF
- Same sensor as Z9
Reference: Sony a7R V Main Specifications:
- 61MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- BIONZ XR+AI processing unit
- AI-based real-time tracking
- 8K 24p / 4K 60p / FHD 120p / 10bit
- 4K 16bit RAW
- 9.44 million dots 120fps
- 3.2-inch 4-axis free-angle monitor
- 10 fps continuous shooting speed
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization for 8 steps
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD UHS-II
- Nikon Black Friday Deals 2022
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z9
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z9
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z7 II
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z7 II
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z6 II
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z6 II
Via: Nikon Rumors