Nikon just released the Webcam Utility Beta Version 0.9.0 for Mac, which lets a Nikon camera be used as a webcam when connected to a computer via USB. The camera will function as a webcam when “Webcam Utility” is selected as an external camera in a web conferencing app.
Supported digital cameras
- Select P, S, A, or M mode when using the D7500 or D5600.
- • Camera microphones are not supported. Use an external microphone or the microphone supplied with your computer.
- • If live view ends prematurely, choose higher values for Monitor off delay > Live view in the camera menus.
- • The live view display for the D5600 is small.
- • The camera temperature may rise and live view may end after periods of extended use. Wait for the camera to cool.
- • Using live view increases the drain on the battery.
- • Exit Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2 before connecting to the camera.
- • Do not attempt to use Webcam Utility from multiple web conferencing apps simultaneously.
- • When using Nikon Transfer 2 or Camera Control Pro 2, end the connection to “Webcam Utility” in the web conferencing app.
- • You may not be able to adjust camera settings while the camera is connected to a computer. Before adjusting settings, turn the camera off and disconnect the USB cable.