- Z-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Super Integrated Coating
- Dual Stepping Motor AF System
- Programmable Control Ring
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
With a total length of approximately 1.7-inches (43mm) and a weight of about 5.46 oz (155g), this lens is the smallest and lightest among NIKKOR Z prime lenses. The NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 is also a great lens for close-up photography, with a minimum focus distance of just 0.63 ft (0.19m), making it simple to capture detailed photos and videos of food, DIY crafts, fashion and more.
Primary features of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8:
- The smallest and lightest NIKKOR Z prime lens to date, with a length of approx. 1.7 inches (43mm) and weight of approx. 5.46 oz (155g).
- The fast f/2.8 maximum aperture allows for a shallow depth of field with pleasing bokeh as well as exceptional low-light capability, even during hand-held shooting.
- When mounted on a DX-format camera, such as the Nikon Z fc or Z 50, the focal length becomes a natural 42mm (equivalent to 35mm  format).
- A minimum focus distance of approximately 0.63 ft (0.19m) allows users to get close to their subjects for dynamic photography.
- Adoption of a multi-focusing system realizes natural rendering across the entire shooting range, as well as fast and accurate AF control, while maintaining a smaller body size.
- Designed with consideration of dust and drip-resistant performance2 so that it can be taken anywhere with greater confidence.
- Functions such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned to the control ring.
- Developed with consideration for video recording with extremely quiet operation, effective focus-breathing compensation, and stable exposure.
- The lens differs cosmetically from the previously announced NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 SE lens by featuring a modern black finish.
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z7 II
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z6 II
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z9
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z9