Today Nikon officially announced two new exciting FX-format lenses:
- Nikon PC-E NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED Tilt-Shift Lens: $3,399.95 at Amazon, B&H.
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens: $2,799.95 at Amazon, B&H.
Nikon PC-E NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED Tilt-Shift Lens:
Nikon takes compositional flexibility to a new level with the first FX-format perspective control (PC) lens to employ two PC rotation mechanisms. Ideal for architectural, fine art, and landscape photography, the PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED is made for photographers who have a keen sense of space. Thanks to its picture angle and unique tilt, shift, and double-layer rotation capabilities, this manual focus lens enables photographers to shoot from the perfect starting point. Both tilt and shift can be engaged individually, and in combination, essentially replicating the movements of a large-format view camera.
- A shift mechanism that supports smooth perspective control without the need for lock operation
- Adoption of a new “PC Rotation” mechanism that allows users to freely set the direction of shift and tilt operation from parallel to perpendicular to each other
- Superior optical performance that begins with excellent resolution all the way to the edges of the frame, making the most of high-pixel-count digital SLR camera capabilities
- Adoption of Nano Crystal Coat, that enables sharp and clear images in which ghost and flare is effectively reduced with superior antireflection characteristics
- Highly durable fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water, grease, and dirt applied to the outer surface of the lens element at the extreme front of the lens
- When used with cameras other than the D5, D4 series, D3 series, D810 series, D500, or Df, some combinations of shift and rotation may not be possible due to the fact that the lens comes into contact with the camera body.
- As this lens is equipped with an electromagnetic aperture, it is not compatible with D2- or D1-series, D200, D100, D90, D80, D70-series, D60, D50, D40-series, or D3000 digital SLR cameras, film SLR cameras, or Nikon 1 series cameras.
- More at nikon.com
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens:
Nikon makes the FX-format telephoto zoom of choice for professional photographers faster, lighter, and more agile than ever. Engineered to excel, the new AF-S NIKKOR 70–200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR will keep photographers working with Nikon’s fast-shooting DSLRs one step ahead. Whether shooting sports, action, news, or reportage, the latest incarnation of this renowned lens boasts a range of enhancements that make a real difference in the field. Improved AF tracking and exposure control, as well as VR SPORT mode, combine to deliver exceptional burst shooting.
- Adoption of fluorite and High Refractive Index (HRI) lens elements, as well as a magnesium-alloy parts ensure superior agility with a lighter weight compared to the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- Thorough adoption of anti-dust and waterdrop-resistant structure with which all moving parts of the lens barrel are sealed against dust and water droplets
- Nikon’s exclusive fluorine coat has been applied to the external surface of the front lens element
This highly durable fluorine coat effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt, and has superior anti-reflection characteristics that contribute to the capture of clear images
- Consistently superior resolution, all the way to the edges of the frame, throughout the entire zoom range
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted for its superior anti-reflection effects and effective reduction of ghost and flare for sharp, clear images
- Vibration Reduction (VR) function optimized for sports photography with built-in SPORT mode, which is also effective with movie recording
This enables comfortable high-speed continuous shooting with no drop in frame rate or increase in release time lag
- VR performance immediately after the camera is turned on has been greatly increased compared to the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- In NORMAL mode, the VR function provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops* faster with measurement in accordance with CIPA standards
With the employment of a newly developed algorithm, barrel vibration transmitted to the hands and sound caused when the AF drive starts/stops are remarkably reduced and suppressed
- AF tracking performance for subjects with unpredictable movement, including those whose speed of movement changes and those that move quickly toward the camera, has been increased
- Adoption of an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism enables stable exposure control, even with high-speed continuous shooting
- Compared to the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, minimum focus distance throughout the entire zoom range is reduced from 1.4 m to 1.1 m, and maximum reproduction ratio increased from 0.11x to 0.21x
- Positioning of the zoom ring near the front of the lens and the focus ring closer to the mount ensures a better grip when shooting
- Four focus function buttons that enable quick and certain focusing are positioned so that they are readily accessible regardless of shooting orientation (horizontal or vertical)
- Extremely durable bearings adopted for the tripod collar ring, enabling quick and smooth switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientation
- More at nikon.com
Master Your Perspective with Optical Excellence: Nikon Adds Two Pro-Grade FX-Format Lenses to Celebrated NIKKOR Lens Lineup
Extraordinary Next-Generation AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Sets a New Standard for Pro Telephoto Workhorse Lenses, While New PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED is Nikon’s Widest Ever Tilt-Shift NIKKOR Offering
MELVILLE, NY – Today, Nikon Inc. has announced two exciting FX-format additions to the storied NIKKOR lens lineup, designed to achieve amazing optical performance for the most demanding professional and enthusiast photographers. An evolution of one of Nikon’s most versatile and popular pro-zoom lenses, the newly redesigned AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR sports an updated optical formula capable of amazing image quality, while optimized for high-speed shooting. Also introduced today is Nikon’s widest perspective control lens to date, the PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED tilt-shift lens, which helps photographers effortlessly control perspective when capturing architecture, interiors, fine art, product photography and landscapes.
“Nikon continues to raise the bar of optical excellence, and our newest FX-format NIKKOR offerings provide experienced photographers with powerful tools to help ensure brilliantly sharp images, whether capturing a high-speed photo finish or creatively framing an architectural marvel,” said Kosuke Kawaura, Director of Marketing and Planning, Nikon Inc. “While the new AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR builds upon the success of its predecessors to offer a true all-around NIKKOR optic, the PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED will provide fantastic perspective control for a variety of challenging wide-angle applications.”
The Ultimate Workhorse Lens for Seasoned Photographers
Long considered an essential lens in the bag of professional photographers, this updated AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR sets a new benchmark for fast telephoto zoom lenses, taking image quality and handling to the next level. An indispensable and powerful tool for nearly any photographic scenario, the NIKKOR 70-200mm remains the professional’s choice with a wide f/2.8 constant aperture that is ideal for capturing sports, weddings, stunning portraits and more, even in low-light.
The next generation design of the lens helps ensure the very best in image quality, speed and low-light performance, while offering balance and handling that is nothing short of superb. Nikon’s new 70-200mm provides up to four stops1 of Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization, an improvement from its predecessor that helps users to eliminate blur and camera shake even when shooting handheld or in challenging light. During burst shooting, the lens takes advantage of an electromagnetic diaphragm for consistent auto-exposure control. Additionally, a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-fast and quiet AF operation with seamless manual focus override. Discerning photographers will also appreciate assignable function buttons on the lens barrel that offer customization, perfect for engaging pre-set autofocus or other focusing options.
A new optical formula consisting of six ED elements, one Fluorite element, a high refractive element and Nano Crystal Coat helps make for a lighter and more versatile lens, while reducing chromatic aberration and helping to all but eliminate distortion, ghosting and flare. Ready for even the most rugged of assignments, the magnesium alloy lens barrel features superior weather-sealing that achieves anti-dust and waterdrop-resistance, while Fluorine coating on both the front and rear glass facilitates easy cleaning. Whether shooting with a camera like the Nikon D5, D810, D750 or D500, capturing sports or weddings, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR is a fantastic lens choice for experienced photographers.
Seamlessly Control Perspective with the New Super-Wide PC NIKKOR Lens
Also new from Nikon is the latest perspective control lens (designated PC) in the NIKKOR lens lineup, the PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED, a tilt-shift offering that will help photographers master perspective and depth-of-field. For storytellers who yearn to capture optically-challenging subjects like cityscapes and architecture, interiors or unique landscapes, this lens offers 97° of coverage – the widest focal length of any PC lens in the NIKKOR family. Tilt the lens to sharpen focus throughout a scene or create a miniature effect, or shift2 to adjust perspective in-camera, create panoramas or eliminate converging lines. For the first time with a NIKKOR PC lens, the direction of tilt operation can be made parallel or perpendicular to shift, offering users nearly unprecedented ability to control perspective, focus and depth-of-field, without having to lock and unlock to make adjustments.
Sporting a super-wide 19mm focal length, the lens provides a unique perspective ideal for shooting horizontal or vertical panoramas, or even filmmaking. With this ultra-wide angle in mind, the latest FX-format NIKKOR offering was crafted with three ED and two aspherical elements that help combat distortion and glare, while virtually eliminating chromatic aberration and coma, even at the widest aperture settings. The lens also features core NIKKOR technologies such as Nano Crystal Coat to combat ghosting and flare, an electromagnetic diaphragm for fast auto-exposure control, as well as a Fluorine coat that helps resist dirt, water spots and smudges. Ready for a variety of challenging ultra-wide applications, the PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED is a powerful tool for discerning photographers looking for full creative and perspective control. It joins three other Gold Ring Series PC lenses in Nikon’s line-up; the PC-E NIKKOR 24mm F3.5D ED, PC-E Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED and the PC-E Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/2.8D.
Price and Availability
Both the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR and PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED will be available starting in November 2016 for suggested retail prices (SRP) of $2,799.95* and $3,399.95*, respectively. For more information on these new Nikon products and pricing for optional accessories, please visit www.nikonusa.com.
Via: Nikon USA