What I Liked:
- It’s sharp. It’s very, very sharp.
- 105 is a very pleasing focal length for portraits, and this does it better than any other 105 offering.
- It looks impressive. Did I mention it’s sharp?
What Could be Improved:
- The lack of VR is glaring.
- Change the laws of physics, so this can be smaller.
- I can’t wait till the price comes down, if it ever comes down.
This new NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E lens is ideal for professional and advanced enthusiast photographers, especially those capturing portraiture, from in-studio fashion to a golden hour engagement session on the beach. For those seeking the ultimate in image quality in photography or videography, there’s no close second. So, order immediately if you are interested:
You can read the full review at LensRentals.