Canon has filed a new patent: Canon 10-120mm f/1.8 lens for a 1″ sensor. This lens features constant F1.8 aperture throughout the zoom range. So I think this lens will be used on the Canon XC10 (Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama) or a future video camera.
Take a look at the patent details below translated by Google.
Patent Publication No. 2015-75523
- Published 2015.4.20
- Filing date 2013.10.7
- Zoom ratio 11.54
- Focal length 10.21 56.31 117.88
- F number 1.87 1.79 1.78
- Half angle (in degrees) 38.07 8.09 3.88
- Image height 8.00
- Overall length of the lens 555.0
- BF 16.56
- 5-group zoom of positive and negative TadashiTadashiTadashi
- Inner focus (part of the first group)
- Inner zoom
Read more: Canon Rumors