Another image and additional information of the upcoming Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II Lens have been leaked at Digicame-Info.
- Pricing is rumored to be about 275,000 yen, which translated to nearly $2300 USD, though these conversions are rarely accurate for a North American price.
- Shipping will start in the middle of October 2015.
- New techniques used for the aspherical lenses.
- The BR Lens is Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics. Which will refract the light in the blue spectrum. This should help control chromatic aberrations.
- There looks to be new techniques used for weather and dust sealing, as well as increased resistance to impacts. This may be the most durable lens Canon has made yet.
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II Lens Specs:
- Lens construction: 14 sheets group 11
- 2 aspherical lens (. Grinding aspherical one large diameter glass molded aspherical one)
- One UD lens
- One BR lens
- SWC coating
- Fluorine coating
- The diaphragm blades 9 blades (circular aperture)
- A minimum focusing distance of 0.28m. Maximum magnification is 0.21x
- Dust and water proof
- Filter diameter: 72mm
- Total length: 105.5mm
- Maximum diameter: 80.4mm
- Weight: 760g
- Lens hood: EW-77B
Stay tuned for more info.
Read More: Canon Rumors
Note: If you are a Canon Camera User, you can now join the Canon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Canon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Canon Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanonCameraUsers