Do you really know all the new features of Canon EOS 7D Mark II flagship APS-C DSLR camera? Maybe. Maybe you know some of them.
The new 7D Mark II features a new 20.2-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, 10fps continuous shooting at full resolution, a new 65-point cross-type AF system and Canon’s amazing Dual Pixel CMOS AF for brilliant Live-View AF. It’s aimed to meet the demands of photographers and videographers who want a camera that can provide a wide range of artistic opportunities.
You may know some of the Canon EOS 7D Mark II main features below:
Canon EOS 7D Mark II main features
- 20.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and ISO 100–16000 (expandable to H1: 25600, H2: 51200) for reduced noise at high ISOs and high performance Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors for outstanding image quality and processing speed.
- High speed continuous shooting up to 10.0 fps allows you to capture fast action.
- 65-point* all cross-type AF system for high-performance, accurate subject tracking with EV -3 sensitivity (center point) for focusing in extreme low-light conditions.
- Canon’s innovative Dual Pixel CMOS AF enables you to shoot video like a camcorder with smooth, fast, and accurate autofocus and lets you enjoy instant and precise autofocus even when shooting stills.
- Stunning Full HD video with Custom Movie Servo AF (speed and sensitivity) for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects, multiple frame rates including Full HD recording at 60p in MOV and MP4 formats and uncompressed HDMI out.
- Intelligent Viewfinder II provides approximately 100% field of view for shooting ease.
- Improved custom controls and built-in intervalometer and bulb timer for expanded creativity.
- Magnesium alloy body with shutter durability up to 200,000 cycles and enhanced dust and weather resistance.
- EOS Scene Detection System features a new 150,000-pixel/RGB+IR metering sensor for improved precision.
- Built-in GPS** Receiver provides a digital compass, records location information (longitude, latitude, elevation and universal coordinated time (UTC)) as EXIF information for geotagging images when shooting.
- 3.0-inch Clear View II LCD monitor (approximately 1,040,000 dots) for bright and clear viewing.
Recently, the Canon Digital Learning Center posted a set of articles to explain the Canon EOS 7D Mark II’s new features, including the new intelligent viewfinder, flash, first ever anti-flicker technology, Auto ISO operation and the differences between Zone AF and AF Point Expansion on the EOS 7D Mark II.
The New Features of Canon EOS 7D Mark II You Need to Know:
- New Intelligent Viewfinder feature on EOS 7D Mark II
- Flash and the EOS 7D Mark II
- First ever anti-flicker technology launches in an EOS DSLR
- Differences between Zone AF and AF Point Expansion on the EOS 7D Mark II
- Auto ISO operation in the EOS 7D Mark II
Fuel Your Creative Passion with the EOS 7D Mark II digital SLR
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Price and Release Date
You can also see:
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II Announced, Pre-order for $1,799
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II Shutter Speed Test Videos
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II First Look Videos
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sample Images & Movies
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II vs 7D vs 70D
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II vs Sony A77 II vs Nikon D7100
Follow Canon EOS 7D Mark II on Facebook: