Canon will have major announcements in June and July 2020, and it is highly likely that Canon will officially announce the Canon EOS R5 / Canon EOS R6 along with a few new lenses on the events. The pricing info is still unknown at the time of writing and the initial availability could come as early as July 2020.
The Canon EOS R5 is the most anticipated camera in 2020 with lots of amazing features and it is the first camera from Canon that supports 8K RAW internal video recording up to 29.97 fps with no crop. Below are what we know so far about the upcoming Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 mirrorless cameras.
Canon EOS R5 Specifications:
- 8K RAW internal video recording up to 29.97 fps
- 8K internal video recording up to 29.97 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265).
- 4K internal video recording up to 119.88 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265). 4K external recording is also available up to 59.94 fps.
- No crop 8K and 4K video capture using the full-width of the sensor.*
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF available in all 8K and 4K recording modes.
- Canon Log available in 8K and 4K internal recording modes.
- A Canon first, the EOS R5 will feature 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization, which works in conjunction with Optical IS equipped with many of the RF and EF lenses.
- Dual-card slots: 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II.
Canon EOS R6 Rumored Specifications:
- 20mp full-frame CMOS sensor (not the same as the Canon 1DX Mark III)
- 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic
- 4K @ 60p
- FullHD @ 120p
- Dual card slots
- No top-down screen
- Lower resolution EVF than the EOS R5
- Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
- New battery (Not sure if it’s the same as the EOS R5)
- July 2020 launch
Stay tuned with us to get more Canon Rumors.