Download link: Leica SL2 Firmware Version 2.0
Here is the full list of improvements and bugfixes in firmware update 2.0:
- With Multishot the user can create photos with a resolution up to 187MP.
- One photo will be taken at normal resolution (47MP) and one at high resolution (187MP).
- Improvement on the Video Menu GUI
In the submenus of the video mode, a white highlighted header shows that the user operates in video mode.
- Improvement on the AF field size setting
The AF-field size can be changed with a long tap without moving the AF field.
- SD-Card naming
After formatting the SD-Card, the card will be named with “Leica SL2”.
- Detection of M lenses
6-bit coded M lenses will be recognized at all time with the M-Adapter L.
- Elimination of artifacts on very fast continuous shooting
In the drive mode “Continous – Very High Speed” there were artifacts in the DNG under certain settings, which have now been removed.
- Correction of the focus distance value of feet
The focus distance on the top display has been corrected and now shows the correct values.
- Connectivity enhancements with App and Image Shuttle
General improvements for a faster and more stable connection between camera and smartphone or computer.
Information on Multishot Function:
- Only full-frame lenses are suitable for use with the multishot function.
- Any aperture between 1 and 16 can be selected.
- As ISO settings, values from 50 to 3200 are possible.
- The use of a flash is not possible.
- The electronic shutter is always used.
- The multishot function automatically turns off the image stabilization (BIS and OIS).
- The shutter speeds range from 1/40,000 to 1sec.