Here is the guide for you on how to downgrade the firmware on a Canon camera.
Some people are having autofocus issues with firmware 1.5.0 and the Canon EOS R5. In this video KH Cams will take through step to downgrade or rollback your firmware on the Canon EOS R6. This will also work with the Canon EOS R5. He claimed that this guide can work with any canon camera.
Canon firmware downgrade instructions:
- Put firmware v1.5.0 on one SD card and v1.4.0 on another.
- Insert the SD card with 1.5.0 into the camera
- Go to the firmware update in the menu
- Press okay on the update, and as quickly as possible open the battery door on the camera or battery grip
- Insert the SD (Or CFExpress) card with firmware 1.4.0
- Close the battery door to turn the camera back on
- The camera will automatically start ‘updating’ from 1.5.0 to 1.4.0″
- Best Lenses for Canon R5
- Best Memory Cards for Canon R5
- Best Lenses for Canon R6
- Best Memory Cards for Canon R6