Today, GoPro officially announced its new flagship action camera: GoPro HERO10 Black, which features the company’s new high-performance GP2 processor. GP2 delivers breakthrough image quality and blistering video frame rates that enable HERO10 Black to capture life-like 5.3K video at 60 frames per second, 4K video at 120 frames per second and 2.7K video at an incredible 240 frames per second. The new processor also enables HyperSmooth 4.0 video stabilization, setting a new bar once again and all but ensuring HERO10 Black captures the smoothest shake-free video you’ve ever seen from any camera, regardless of price.
GoPro HERO10 Black
All-out speed and ultimate ease come together in the most powerful GoPro ever, HERO10 Black. The revolutionary new GP2 chip shoots 5.3K video with double the frame rate, 23MP photos, enhanced low-light performance and bar-shattering HyperSmooth 4.0 video stabilization in all modes. To simplify things, HERO10 is cloud connected-so the moment you charge it, your footage is automatically uploaded to the cloud.
To commemorate this milestone camera and its revolutionary new GP2 engine, HERO10 Black has a special GoPro Cyan Blue logo on the front and a matching HERO10 Black logo on the side. This also helps it stand out from HERO9 Black, which shares the same form factor. HERO10 Black is completely compatible with all HERO9 Black Mods and accessories.
GoPro HERO10 Black Key Features:
- All-New GP2 Processor
- Video: 5.3K60, 4K120, 2.7K240
- Video Stills: Up to 19.6 megapixels
- Photos: 23 megapixels
- Improved Low Light Performance
- Local Tone Mapping (LTM) and 3D Noise Reduction (3DNR)
- Next-Gen HyperSmooth 4.0 Video Stabilization
- Increased 45° Horizon Leveling Tilt Limit in 4K60, 2.7K120 and 1080p120 Video
- Front Color Display with Higher Frame Rates for Smoother Live Preview of Your Shots
- Faster, More Responsive Rear Touch Display with Touch Zoom
- Faster Content Transfer
- 3 Ways to Transfer Content: Cloud Upload, Wireless Offload and New Wired Transfer to Your Phone
- New Protective Lens Cover with Hydrophobic, Water-Shedding Design
- Removable, Rechargeable 1720mAh Battery
- TimeWarp 3.0 featuring Real Speed and Half Speed
- 1080p Livestream featuring HyperSmooth 4.0. Video Stabilization
- 1080p Webcam Mode
- Power Tools: HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture and Duration Capture
- SuperPhoto + HDR
- Night Lapse Video
- RAW Photos
- Digital Lenses Providing Ultra-Wide (SuperView), Wide, Linear and Narrow Perspectives
- Voice Control with 13 commands in 11 languages + 6 accents
- 3 Microphones with Advanced Wind-Noise Reduction
- Stereo + RAW Audio
- Custom Presets + On-Screen Shortcuts
- Built-in Folding Mounting Fingers for Attaching the Camera to GoPro Mounts
- Rugged + Waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Fast-Charging Compatible
- Compatible with Media Mod, Display Mod, Light Mod and Max Lens Mod (support coming in post-launch firmware update)
HERO10 Black boasts higher resolution 23 megapixel photos, improved low-light performance and a significantly snappier user interface—all thanks to the increased performance of the camera’s new GP2 processor.
HERO10 Black is also cloud connected—when plugged in to charge, the camera will automatically upload recently captured footage to your GoPro cloud account. This feature, along with unlimited cloud backup of your GoPro footage at original quality, is available for GoPro subscribers for $4.99 a month or $49.99 a year.
HERO10 Black is available at GoPro.com for $399.98 with an included one-year GoPro Subscription or $499.99 MSRP without a subscription.
Existing GoPro subscribers can purchase a value-added HERO10 Black + Accessory Bundle at subscriber-exclusive $399.99 pricing on GoPro.com, representing subscriber savings of $150. The accessory bundle includes an extension grip with tripod, a magnetic clip mount, a spare battery plus a 32GB SD card.
Breakthrough Image Quality and Video Stabilization
HERO10 Black’s all-new GP2 processor combines with an ultra-high resolution 23.6 megapixel sensor to enable shockingly life-like image quality. The camera’s highest video resolution of 5.3K delivers 91% more resolution than 4K and 665% more resolution than 1080p HD at an impressive 60 frames per second—allowing for fluid playback and 2X slow motion. 4K video can be captured at 120 frames per second (4X slow motion) and 2.7K video can be captured at 240 frames per second (8X slow motion).
The new GP2 processor also enables improved video algorithms featuring local tone mapping (LTM) and 3D noise reduction (3DNR) that capture finer detail, more realistic textures and better contrast—even in low light.
In addition to 23 megapixel photos, HERO10 Black enables 19.6 megapixel video stills to be pulled from 5K 4:3 video at 30 frames per second and 15.8 megapixel video stills from 5.3K video at 60 frames per second—ideal for capturing amazing still images of sports and fast-paced activities.
GoPro’s shockingly good in-camera video stabilization gets an upgrade to HyperSmooth 4.0, ensuring that HERO10 Black smooths out even your most shake-ladened experiences. HERO10’s in-camera horizon leveling feature benefits from an increased tilt limit of 45° in high-performance settings, up from 27°, making even your most chaotic video footage look professionally smooth and steady.